Survey Office Technician
Location: Oklahoma City, OK or Tulsa, OK
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes computer software to draft a variety of detailed dimensional survey drawings from raw field survey data to final client deliverables.
- Ability to interpret and draft legal descriptions and survey plats
- Interprets and calculates topographic survey data for the final client deliverable
- Maintains accurate survey standards and procedures in assigned work.
- Works under Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) supervision in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other survey/design personnel, utility locators, land owners, etc. on project activities.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Cross trains with Remote Sensing and or Field Survey duties where applicable
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Certificate from college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning skills: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
When office work is required:
- Majority light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a technical or administrative nature.
- Intermittently, ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
When field work is required:
- Some heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Ability to stand and walk up to ten hours per day.
- Ability to traverse uneven terrain and climb over or crawl under obstacles.
- Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, frequently over uneven surfaces.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to hear and talk to communicate and give verbal direction.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus; depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Office setting: Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Occasionally outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.), dust, dirt, cuts, bites, or stings.
- May require use of protective and/or safety equipment.
- Monday through Friday normally; occasional weekend work may be required.
- Flexible schedule with extended hours may be required.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Occasional overtime required
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.