Structures Project Engineer
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, Fayetteville, AR or Allen, TX
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
CEC is seeking an experienced structural engineer with three or more years of experience in the transportation industry. The selected candidate is expected to have structural engineering experience as it relates to bridges, culverts, and retaining walls for transportation projects and have experience in transportation project management and construction document preparation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as project engineer with autonomy for project-related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have project management responsibilities on multiple projects. Responsible for successful completion of projects, including schedule, budget, and profitability.
- Develops feasible engineering design alternatives to meet project requirements. Performs structural calculations, modeling, analysis, and design.
- Prepares contract documents including technical reports, studies, plans, specifications, construction cost estimates, and permitting for projects. Maintains project records and performs project administration.
- Performs field visits to inspect existing structures and identify necessary repairs.
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed. Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other engineers, designers, and technicians on project activities.
- Provides technical support, guidance, and input to design team. Assists in training and development of technicians and other team members.
- Develops, fosters, and maintains client relationships. Pursues repeat or follow-up work with current clients.
- Coordinates with Department leadership and Accounting regarding project invoicing and collections.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Project management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in civil or structural engineering from ABET accredited university; Master’s degree with emphasis in structural engineering is desired.
- Three or more years of progressive experience specific to engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) and Structural Engineer (SE) license required. If not licensed in Oklahoma and Texas, must be able to obtain an Oklahoma and Texas P.E. license within six months of start date.
- Project experience with Oklahoma DOT or Texas DOT preferred.
- Experience in structural detailing in AutoCAD and MicroStation software preferred.
- Experience with structural design software preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- English language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, perceive attributes of objects and materials, and manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to stand and/or walk, including over uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Occasional exposure to dust, dirt, weather conditions (field visits).
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasional extended hours required as projects dictate.
- Eligible to submit application for telecommuting after 90 days.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.