Electrical Team Leader
Location: Norman, OK, Oklahoma City, OK, Tulsa, OK
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as electrical designer with autonomy for project-related tasks and as a designated client contact. Takes ownership of the electrical scope of work from proposal through construction. Responsible for successfully completing projects, including schedule, budget, and profitability.
- Develops estimating, pricing, scoping, and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Develops engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents and assessments for commercial facilities, including new construction and renovation.
- Uses AutoCAD, Revit MEP and other MEP-specific design and calculation software to create detailed designs for construction documents.
- Selects electrical materials appropriate for facilities based on coordination with architects, engineers, plans, specifications, and code requirements.
- Reviews and redlines production plans for revisions.
- Provides construction administration oversight, including submittal review, RFI responses and periodic site observations.
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed. Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
- Responsible for work-in-progress, ensuring accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on assigned projects by coordinating with department leadership and Accounting.
- Adheres to corporate policies and procedures, Practice and Department procedures, and ensures consistent application and team member compliance.
- Performs limited personnel functions, including performance management feedback, mentoring, employee development, and reinforcing a positive work environment. Plans and schedules work for team members, ensuring the appropriate and effective distribution of assignments, labor, and equipment for efficient performance of duties. Reviews and approves timesheets and time off requests for accuracy and completeness.
- Develops, fosters, and maintains client relationships. Pursues repeat or follow-up work with current clients. Collaborates with Department, Marketing, and Business Development staff to respond to new business opportunities, including engaging in the preparation of proposals, interviews, and presentations.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers, and technicians on project activities.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Project management
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ related design/drafting experience.
- Applicable Bachelor or Associate degree (B.A., B.S., A.A ) preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD and Revit MEP proficiency required.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Primarily sedentary activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a production/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to stand and walk over uneven surfaces of project site occasionally.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse for up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise; occasionally loud (site visits).
- Occasional exposure to dust, dirt, construction equipment (site visits).
- Potential risk of electric shock (site visits).
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasional extended work hours as projects dictate.
- Eligible to submit application for telecommuting after 90 days.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.