Full-Time, Entry Level
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under licensed professional engineer supervision, utilizes computer software to create detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts, including, but not limited to, plan and elevation views, typical sections, details, and schedules, for the construction of bridge components, such as decks, steel and concrete beams, bearings, piers, and abutments, which are preliminarily designed by others.
- Calculates dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed. Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers, and technicians on project activities.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- One year certificate from college or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency preferred.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds intermittently.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Eligible to submit application for telecommuting after 90 days.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.