Geographic Information Systems
The CEC Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Team provides customized services for state government, municipal and private sector entities. GIS combines data with geographic features to manage and visualize information, equipping you with the knowledge you need to make better decisions about your projects and goals.
GIS is a rapidly growing science proven to be a vital tool for the engineering and infrastructure planning industries. Our team is committed to being on the forefront of this technology, continually evolving our capabilities to provide the resources necessary for purposeful planning and design.
- We are committed to offering full-service GIS through our investment in ArcGIS Server technology. CEC offers in-house hosting services with state of the art security and backup measures giving our clients piece of mind that their data will always be accessible and secure. We also have experience working within our clients' own server infrastructure on-site or remotely.
GPS DATA Collection
- Our GIS professionals are trained in the latest mobile GIS and GPS technologies to collect accurate GIS data. We work with our clients to collect vital infrastructure information including:
- Signs and billboards
- Stormwater infrastructure
- Natural resources
Data Conversion and Creation
- CEC's GIS team is skilled in conversion of paper and digital maps and data into meaningful and reliable GIS data. Our conversion services include:
- CAD to GIS Conversion
- Digitizing Spatial Features
- Ownership Parcel Creation and Management
- Structure Outline Creation
PROFESSIONAL MAP DESIGN
- We love maps and we take cartographic design seriously. Let us dive into the details by producing beautiful maps and high quality map books for your projects.
Utilities / Transportation / ADA
- Our experience managing infrastructure with CEC’s various divisions gives our GIS team an advantage with water, sewer, electrical, fiber optic, and civil design including ADA compliant structures. Take advantage of GIS to make informed decisions about your built environment.