Northwest Substation Breaker Replacement
CEC was tasked by Oklahoma Gas & Electric (OG&E) to replace a 40kA breaker with a new 63kA circuit breaker due to increased available fault current at the station. The CEC design team evaluated and updated existing wiring diagrams and schematics. Since the breaker was a different type, all applicable wiring diagrams and schematics had to be correctly modified, including bus protection, AC distribution, DC distribution, termination cabinets, and control diagrams to accommodate the new breaker.
The design work for OG&E included:
- Updating schematics and wiring diagrams
- Designing and facilitating replacement of power equipment
- Updating panel and cable layouts
- Compilation of drawing reference lists
- Detailed construction notes