Tribune/KFOR Channel 4 Studio
Located on the same property as their existing broadcast facility, the new facility is a stand-alone, single story building approximately 38,000 square feet in size. Constructed mainly from precast concrete, the new facility is home to Tribune Media’s KFOR and KAUT stations. All operations of the stations are conducted from the facility, including broadcasting. The Operations and Broadcast areas are designed to withstand EF3 tornadic wind speeds (167 mph). The main public entry to the facility is framed with structural steel.
The site design for the new facility includes a new security gate and fencing, roughly 175 parking stalls (including 32 visitor stalls), and revisions to the location of the satellite farm. The existing fuel depot, helicopter pad, helicopter garage, chiller plant, generator, and cooling tower remain in place and are incorporated into the site design.
A 16,250 square foot precast covered parking area was provided to the south of the facility to provide protection from the weather while allowing essential station personnel to continue working through storm events.
Awards and recognitions:
- 2020 PCI Design Award for Best High Tech and Laboratory Building
- Featured in Construction in Focus Magazine, March 2019
- 2018 PCMA Best in Precast Concrete Award for Best Use - Total Precast Hardened Structure
- 2018 Top Commercial Construction Project in the $10-$25M Range by the ABC of Oklahoma
- 2017 ACEC Oklahoma Engineering Excellence Finalist Award