Senior Transmission Project Engineer
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, Tulsa, OK or Allen, TX
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as project engineer with autonomy for project-related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have project management responsibilities.
- Assists with estimating, pricing, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Develops plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports to meet project requirements for design and construction of new power delivery facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities.
- Provides technical support, guidance and input in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects on a project.
- Utilizes computer software to create detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Reviews and redlines production plans for revisions.
- Reviews and approves monthly billing for assigned projects.
- Develops, fosters and maintains client relationships.
- Provides training and mentoring to engineering and technical staff.
- Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers and technicians on project activities.
- Participates in and ensures QA/QC procedures are followed.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Project management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Civil or Electrical engineering from a four-year college or university and seven to ten years related experience and/or training.
- Oklahoma or Texas Professional Engineer (PE) license or the ability to obtain.
- English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc., as well as proficiency with specialized engineering design software. PLS-CADD experience required and AutoCAD or MicroStation preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to stand and/or walk, including over uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds intermittently.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Occasionally outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (for instance, rain, sun, wind, etc.).
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- May be required to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work non-standard hours and schedules that include on-call and call-outs.
- Eligible to submit application for telecommuting after 90 days.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.