Location: Oklahoma City, OK
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as front-line support for information technology issues and problems.
- Responds to support tickets via email, phone, virtually or in-person.
- Manages multiple tasks simultaneously and communicates status with leadership.
- Monitors alerts from ticketing systems, applications, or SIEM and escalates issues as required.
- Communicates effectively with technical staff and leadership.
- Communicates effectively with non-technical staff in friendly and non-technical manner.
- Installs, updates, troubleshoots, and maintains software applications for end users.
- Installs, updates, troubleshoots, and maintains client technology, including laptops, desktops, tablets, phones, or IOT devices.
- Supports and assists staff in virtual meetings and conference room troubleshooting.
- Develops and maintains documentation related to support activities.
- Cultivates and maintains effective relationships with users, providing support and training, as necessary.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Critical situation composure
- Reliable and punctual
- Time management
- Relevant bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deploy, patch, and configure Windows OS devices; working knowledge of macOS is a plus but not required.
- Expertise in software technology, including Office365, Intune, Autodesk, Bentley, ESRI, and Trimble products preferred.
- Foundational knowledge of basic IT principles, including networking, DHCP, DNS, security, active directory, file systems, group policy, and OS imaging.
- English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize, organize assignments; ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
- Ability to see clearly 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point (peripheral vision); three-dimensional vision with ability to judge distances and spatial relationships (depth perception); ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 25 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds as needed.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Regular schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- May be required to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to work non-standard hours and schedules that include on-call and callouts.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
- Eligible after 90 days to submit applications for telecommuting and/or alternative schedule.