Location: Oklahoma City, OK, Tulsa, OK or Norman, OK
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes computer software to develop plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports to meet project requirements for design and construction of new power delivery facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities.
- Assist with the engineering and design for power distribution, transmission and/or substation projects.
- Under supervision, performs field survey, physical inspection and analysis of electric power facilities, including taking field notes and learning how to draw preliminary sketches.
- Provides technical support and input in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections and checking design computations done by others.
- Utilizing field data to design a circuit
- Potential of assisting with new business designs for commercial customers.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in engineering from accredited college or university.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to stand and/or walk, including over uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds intermittently.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Occasionally outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, wind, etc.).
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.