Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
We are searching for an Engineer In Training (EI) for our Transportation Department to work with the team to complete Roadway Design and plan development. Ideal candidates will be students graduating in May 2022.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilizes computer software to create detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts, including plans for the construction of highways and\or local roads, including but not limited to plan and profile views, cross sections, details and schedules.
• Develops 3D models of projects using horizontal alignments, vertical profiles, typical sections and various design criteria.
• Calculates dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications and material quantities using calculator or computer.
• Prepares reports, specifications, schedules and permitting for projects.
• Reviews and redlines production plans for revisions.
• Provides technical support, guidance and input.
• Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
• Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers and technicians on project activities.
• Participates in internal and external project meetings as needed.
• Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
• Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES• Problem solving/analysis
• Technical capacity
• Communication proficiency
• Project management
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in civil engineering from ABET accredited four-year college or university.
• Fundamentals of Engineering Exam passed, earning E.I. designation.
• English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency preferred.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
• Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to stand and/or walk, including over uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time.
• Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds intermittently.
WORK ENVIRONMENT• Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
• Moderate noise.
• Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Occasional extended hours required as projects dictate.
• Eligible to submit application for telecommuting and alternative schedule after 90 days.