Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and produces proposals, letters of interest (LOI), and statements of qualifications (SOQ) including drafting, organizing, formatting, editing, and proofing.
- Lead the coordination and preparation of proposals of all sizes, working directly with technical staff; may support large, strategic pursuits, working under the guidance of senior staff.
- Creating and producing project interview presentations and other presentations as needed, including drafting, organizing, formatting, editing, and proofing.
- Independently coordinate/provide direction to graphic designers, publishing technicians, editors, reprographics specialists, and other support staff, independently coordinate with and collect information from teaming partners and subconsultants.
- Coordinate, write, edit/tailor, and perform research for non-technical proposal sections; ensure compliance; proactively identify, communicate, and mitigate potential issues/variances.
- Prepare and ensure compliant and timely proposal deliverables by managing self and proposal team, including monitoring progress, managing proposal process and schedule, and meeting client requirements; communicate issues/variances.
- Develop and implement protocols and processes.
- Highly Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Prezi is preferred, but not required.
- Able to maintain and edit content in a database; knowledge of CRM databases such as Cosential is preferred.
- Other marketing related tasks, as needed
- Communication proficiency
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer/client focus
- Organizational skills
- Technical capacity
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience in communications, marketing with direct architectural, engineering or construction (AEC) industry preferred.
- English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write content, copy, reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, and the public.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds intermittently
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Eligible to submit application for telecommuting and alternative schedule after 90 days.