Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer Extensive Services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides technical support working independently but under direction of Professional Land Surveyor (PLS).
• Researches previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
• Performs field survey activities in accordance with standards set by the company, state statues and the surveying industry.
• Operates and has knowledge of survey equipment functions and capabilities.
• Records the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
• Verifies the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
• Coordinates data and results of the work with Survey office personnel, engineering personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
• Adheres to established company policies and follows all Survey procedures.
• Maintains equipment and vehicle that is assigned.
• Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• All experience levels considered.
• High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Ability to pass background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Department of Transportation (DOT) sensitive positions subject to annual and random drug testing.
• English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to clients or CEC employees.
• Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
• Reasoning skills: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficient personal computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, MicroStation, Trimble, AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or GEOPAK preferred.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
• Ability to stand and walk up to ten hours per day.
• Ability to sit in vehicle to travel up to four hours.
• Ability to traverse uneven terrain and climb over or crawl under obstacles.
• Ability to hear and talk to communicate and receive direction.
• Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus; depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
• Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to manipulate computer mouse when working in office.
• Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.).
• Exposure to dust, dirt, etc.
• Potential exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings.
• Requires use of protective and/or safety equipment.
• Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over.
• Monday through Friday normally; occasional weekend work may be required.
• Extended working hours; frequent 10- to 12-hour days.
• Frequent heavy overnight travel (up to 50% or ten days a month; occasional extensive overnight travel (over 50% or more than ten days a month).
This position includes safety-sensitive job functions and random screenings will be conducted in accordance with CEC's Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy.