Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as senior project engineer with autonomy for project-related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have project management responsibilities on multiple projects, particularly those with high complexity and/or risk. Responsible for successful completion of projects, including schedule, budget and profitability.
• Develops estimating, pricing, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
• Develops feasible engineering design alternatives to meet project requirements.
• Utilizes computer software to create detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts, including plans for the construction of highways and\or local roads, including but not limited to plan and profile views, cross sections, details and schedules.
• Prepares or directs preparation of design computations and quantity estimates.
• Prepares or directs preparation of reports, studies, specifications, and permitting for projects.
• Reviews and redlines production plans for revisions.
• Responsible for work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on assigned projects.
• Directs project team, providing training, technical support, and mentoring.
• Develops, fosters and maintains client relationships. Pursues repeat or follow-up work with current clients.
• Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
• Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers and technicians on project activities.
• Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
• Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in engineering from four-year accredited college or university.
• Ten years related experience in design and plan production for construction of highways and\or local roads.
• Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Oklahoma and/or Texas.
• English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry to practical situations.
• Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc., as well as proficiency with specialized engineering design software. AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency preferred.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
• Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to stand and/or walk, including over uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time during site visits.
• Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
• Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
• Moderate noise.
• Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Occasional extended hours required as projects dictate.
• Eligible to submit application for telecommuting and alternative schedule after 90 days.