Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the design of distribution projects to ensure adherence to budget, schedule and scope.
• Collaborates with Market Leader on development of contract documents setting project scope, schedule, and fees.
• General knowledge of RUS, National Electric Safety Code specifications and approved construction practices with the goal of enhancing the reliability of the distribution system.
• Required to have 3 to 4 years of experience in use of NISC and/or Partner, engineering design programs.
• General knowledge of GIS Data mapping system and oversees system accuracy by using ESRI and NISC staking products.
• Ability to mentor /teach use of NISC and /or Partner engineering design products.
• Develops detailed project management plans that provide logical sequencing of the work required, project schedules, timelines, milestones, and budget estimates.
• Develops timetables and priorities for execution of all design to complete projects on time and within budget.
• Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
• Responsible for financial analysis and reporting status on each project.
• Collaborates with management, planning, survey, design, construction and operations to ensure project safety, effective communications and coordination with clients and key stakeholders.
• Schedules and conducts project meetings, both external and internal. Keeps minutes of all meetings and distributes them to all parties.
• Troubleshoots problems and forecasts potential project issues to facilitate capacity planning and efficient utilization of staff and resources.
• Coordinates with departmental leadership and Accounting regarding project invoicing and collections.
• Documents all work and maintains organized project records.
• Ensures complete and timely project closeout, including after-action reviews to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) and four years related experience (e.g., Project Management, Utility Engineering, Utility Construction or Utility Operations).
• Prefer Associates Design in Engineering Technology, or other related technical degree and four years related experience.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
• Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc., as well as proficiency with specialized engineering design software. SKM software and Microsoft Office proficiency preferred. Proficient in NISC and /or Partner engineering design programs preferred.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a technical or administrative nature.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
• Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, frequently over uneven surfaces.
• Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
• Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
• Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
• Moderate noise.
• Occasionally outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.), dust, dirt, cuts, bites, or stings.
• Requires use of protective and/or safety equipment.
• Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Flexible schedule may occasionally be required.
• May be required to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
• May be required to work non-standard hours and schedules that include on-call and call-outs.
• Eligible to submit application for telecommuting and alternative schedule after 90 days.