Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
We are searching for a dependable, motivated self starter for our Inspection Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under limited supervision, performs field survey, inspection and analysis of electric power facilities (4kV through 345kV), including taking field notes and drawing preliminary sketches.
• Utilizes computer software to draft dimensional drawings.
• Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers, inspectors and public on project activities.
• Maintains equipment and vehicle in good working condition and reports problems or repairs needed in a timely manner.
• Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Problem solving/analysis
• Communication skills
• Technical capacity
• High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) and two years related experience.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively to CEC employees and clients.
• Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
• Reasoning skills: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Microsoft Office preferred.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily technical nature.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and using hands to finger, handle or feel.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, frequently over uneven surfaces.
• Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
• Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
• Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.).
• Exposure to dust, dirt, cuts, bites, or stings.
• Requires use of protective and/or safety equipment.
• Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Flexible schedule may be required while traveling or during summer months.
• May be required to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
• May be required to work non-standard hours and schedules that include on-call and call-outs.
• Occasional heavy overnight travel (up to 50% or ten days a month) required.
This position includes safety-sensitive job functions, and random screenings will be conducted in accordance with CEC's Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy.