Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
The Market Leader ensures that CEC’s vision is realized and that revenue goals are met. He or she fights for the right solutions to infrastructure needs within their community. The Market Leader is responsible for business development throughout their designated market.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides servant-leadership to company; embraces and models CEC values. Collaborates with Chief Business Development Officer in setting and achieving goals and objectives that contribute to CEC’s purpose, vision and strategic plan.
• Responsible for creating marketing plan, identifying and qualifying leads, obtaining new clients and opportunities, acquiring repeat or follow-up work with current clients, client care, and providing reports summarizing these efforts.
• Meets or exceeds revenue targets and market share goals with fees resulting in profitable projects. Works closely with Practice Leaders to intersect with business plans to achieve contribution margin goals.
• Develops, fosters and maintains personal relationships with both public and private entities and stakeholders who are responsible for infrastructure to develop strategic partnerships.
• Coordinates and participates in activities with local advocacy groups including Chambers of Commerce, coalitions in sync with CEC’s vision, non-profit groups, and community stakeholders.
• Coordinates proposal efforts for assigned market, including assisting with the go/no-go decision, proposal review recommendations, and proposal debriefings.
• Collaborates and communicates effectively with affected Practice Leaders, Department Managers and technical staff regarding business development efforts and builds camaraderie.
• Following debriefs with clients, conducts “lessons learned” for the benefit of those involved in business development activities.
• Utilizes CRM to maintain client database and track business development activity.
• Stimulates and assists other CEC staff in widening their contacts among potential clients by participating in professional and civic activities; pursues and supports industry presentations.
• Performs research in assigned market to ascertain current and future market trends.
• Reads newspapers, magazines and other business publications as a lead-finding activity and method of monitoring market trends in general.
• Represents CEC at conferences and trade shows.
• Plans business development activities and travel in cost-effective manner.
• Maintains equipment and vehicle in good working condition and reports problems or repairs needed in a timely manner.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• Communication proficiency
• Client focus
• Business acumen
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Demonstrated ability to build and establish a stable network within the relevant market to develop productive business relationships and strategic community involvement.
• English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, plans and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, managers, clients, vendors and the public.
• Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Microsoft Office preferred.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
• Ability to talk and hear.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
• Ability to sit, stand and walk up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
• Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
• Moderate noise.
• Some flexibility in hours is allowed to accommodate clients and events, but regularly scheduled office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Must work minimum 40 hours per week to maintain full-time status.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• Frequent travel required to accommodate clients, to attend events, conferences or meetings, and between CEC offices.
This position includes safety-sensitive job functions, and random screenings will be conducted in accordance with CEC's Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy.