Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides servant-leadership to department, practice and company; embraces and models CEC values. Engages department in setting and achieving goals and objectives that contribute to CEC’s vision, purpose and strategic plan.
• Plans, directs and coordinates all aspects of Construction Materials Testing operations for CEC.
• Provides engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided.
• Ensures the quality, accuracy and completeness of departmental work; and provides training, technical and administrative guidance, and instruction to personnel in the department.
• Performs various personnel functions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, performance management, salary and position recommendations, mentoring and employee development. Plans and schedules work for the department, ensuring the appropriate and effective distribution of assignments and manpower, space and equipment for efficient performance of duties. Reviews and approves timesheets for accuracy and completeness.
• Ensures departmental profitability targets are achieved and maintained.
• Analyzes fiscal requirements of the department, including staffing, equipment and related needs; prepares budgetary recommendations; monitors and approves expenditure of budgeted funds.
• Develops, fosters and maintains client relationships. Pursues repeat or follow-up work with current clients. Collaborates with Marketing and Business Development staff to respond to new business opportunities, including engaging in preparation of proposals, interviews and presentations.
• Provides project management at a client level, trouble-shoots and negotiates complex client-designer-contractor conflicts.
• Develops and implements departmental technical standards and procedures, including quality control/quality assurance processes. Assists in the development and coordination of practice and inter-departmental standards and procedures.
• Maintains awareness of and executes corporate policies and procedures to ensure consistent departmental application and compliance.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• Maintains equipment and/or vehicle in good working condition and reports problems or repairs needed in a timely manner.
• Communication proficiency
• Problem solving/analysis
• Technical capacity
• Project management
• Financial management
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in engineering from four-year college or university and seven to ten years related experience. Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
• Oklahoma Professional Engineer license.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, managers, clients, vendors and the public, including responding effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning skills: ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.). Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc., as well as proficiency with specialized engineering design software. AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency and Microsoft Office preferred.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
• Ability to talk and hear.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
• Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to stand and/or walk, including over uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time.
• Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
• Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
• Moderate noise.
• Occasionally outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.), dust, dirt, cuts, bites, or stings.
• Requires use of protective and/or safety equipment.
• Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• May be required to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
• May be required to work non-standard hours and schedules that include on-call and call-outs.
This position includes safety-sensitive job functions, and random screenings will be conducted in accordance with CEC's Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy.