Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer Extensive Services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
We are seeking an experienced land surveyor that will be on-site for the duration of construction for transportation projects. The position will comprise of completing several “as-built” surveys. There will be no constructing staking duties. The hired surveyor will report to personnel at the CEC HQ office located in Oklahoma City.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches previous survey evidence, design plans, and physical evidence to obtain data needed for surveys.
- Performs field survey activities in accordance with standards set by CEC, state statutes and OSLS.
- Operates and has knowledge of survey equipment such as GPS and total station.
- Has proficient understanding and knowledge of survey control.
- Pays attention to detail and records the results of surveys in an organized manner
- Adheres to established company policies and follows all Survey Practice procedures
- Work directly and communicate with inspectors to be constantly informed of what’s being built on site
- Coordinates data and results of job site work with Survey office personnel, engineering personnel, and others concerned with the project.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with the contractor, client, the CEI practice and other entities and personnel involved with the construction projects.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintains equipment and vehicle that is assigned
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calibrate and set control.
- Run level loop through existing and newly set control.
- Shoot various stakes set by the contractor such as hubs for drill shafts, H-piles and structures.
- Shoot various construction features such as the top of drill shaft, H-piles, top of bridge columns, pier cap and abutment pedestals, tenth points on bridge beams, and bridge decks.
- Measure sod, mulch and mowed areas for quantities.
- Use survey equipment to check the elevations of the subgrade, base (CTB, asphalt, aggregate etc.) and finished pavement to compare to design model.
- Help guide office personnel who come out monthly to fly drone for pictures of project’s progress.
- Set targets for mobile or UAS LIDAR scan as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Communication proficiency
- Critical thinking
- Technical capacity
- Project management
- At least 1 year of survey experience.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass background check and pre-employment drug testing.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to people on site or CEC employees.
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient knowledge preferred for Microsoft Office, Trimble survey equipment and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
- Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive and technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials. Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours a day when working in office.
- Ability to stand and walk up to ten hours per day. Intermittently, ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to traverse uneven terrain and climb over or crawl under obstacles. Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
- Ability to hear and talk to communicate and give verbal direction.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus; depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Turnpike construction site.
- Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.), dust, dirt, cuts, bites, or stings.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate to loud noise.
- Requires use of protective and/or safety equipment.
- Monday through Friday normally; occasional weekend work may be required.
- Flexible schedule with extended hours may be required.
- Occasionally visits to OKC HQ office may be required.