Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer Extensive Services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
We are searching for a dependable, motivated self starter for our field team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under limited supervision, performs field survey, inspection and analysis of electric power facilities (4kV through 345kV), including taking field notes and drawing preliminary sketches.
- Under engineering supervision, utilizes computer software to create detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for electric power facilities for construction projects.
- Produces job estimates for power facilities construction projects.
- Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers, inspectors and public on project activities.
- Provides technical support to other staff.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Three years’ related experience and/or training; Associate’s degree (A.A.) in Electrical or Electronics Technology or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office proficiency preferred.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and using hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, frequently over uneven surfaces.
- Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
- Ability to occasionally sit and manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.).
- Exposure to dust, dirt, cuts, bites, or stings.
- Requires use of protective and/or safety equipment.
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Flexible schedule may be required while traveling or during summer months.
- May be required to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work non-standard hours and schedules that include on-call and call-outs.
- Occasional overnight travel required.