Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer Extensive Services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under supervision of licensed engineer, develops mechanical engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents and assessments for commercial facilities, including new construction and renovation.
- Uses AutoCAD, Revit MEP and other MEP-specific design and calculation software to create detailed designs for construction documents.
- Coordinates with code requirements to ensure proper construction practices are followed.
- Selects mechanical and plumbing materials appropriate for facilities based on coordination with architects, engineers, plans, specifications and code requirements.
- Provides construction administration oversight, including submittal review, RFI responses and periodic site observations.
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers and technicians on project activities.
- Participates in internal and external project meetings as needed.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Minimum of four (4) years’ related design/drafting experience.
- Applicable Associate’s degree (A.A.) preferred.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD and Revit MEP proficiency required.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Primarily sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a production/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to stand and walk over uneven surfaces of project site occasionally.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Occasional exposure to dust, dirt, construction equipment (site visits).
- Potential risk of electric shock (site visits).
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasional overtime required.