Share this listing:
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer Extensive Services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
We are searching for a dependable, motivated self starter for our Materials Lab.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs a variety of tests on construction materials including soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and other materials, using sophisticated materials-testing equipment, according to state, municipal or client regulations and requirements.
• Records and reports results after performing testing.
• Ensures that testing turnaround schedules are achieved.
• Develops, fosters and maintains relationships with clients.
• Actively supports laboratory certifications/accreditation's and renewals.
• Assists with equipment maintenance and calibrations.
• Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures, including using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Problem solving/analysis
• Technical capacity
• Communication proficiency
• High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• English language skills: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to coworkers and clients.
• Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc. Microsoft Office preferred.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks and assignments; ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily technical nature.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand and walk over uneven surfaces.
• Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
• Ability to see clearly 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point (peripheral vision); three-dimensional vision with ability to judge distances and spatial relationships (depth perception); ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 25 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds as needed.
• Primarily outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (for instance, rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.)
• Loud noise
• Exposed to dust, dirt, grease, etc.
• Exposed to machinery with moving parts
• Requires use of personal protective equipment
• Normal schedule Monday through Friday; 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
• Variable work hours as projects dictate; occasional overtime or weekend work required.