Share this listing:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided.
- Reviews drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Prepares proposals and cost estimates, tracks and evaluates project progress, budgets, and recommends changes.
- Researches and resolves design and construction problems.
- Assigns, reviews, and evaluates laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports.
- Applies sound engineering principles and communicates complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Conducts, coordinates or supervises field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data.
- Develops plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work.
- May direct field staff including graduate/field engineers, engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and other support personnel.
- Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintains equipment and/or vehicle in good working condition and reports problems or repairs needed in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Project management
- Financial management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in engineering from four-year college or university and seven to ten years related experience. Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Oklahoma Professional Engineer license.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, managers, clients, vendors and the public, including responding effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning skills: ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc., as well as proficiency with specialized engineering design software. AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Range from light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature to moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and using hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, including over uneven or rough surfaces.
- Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Occasionally outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.) and to dust, dirt, cuts, bites, or stings.
- Requires use of personal protective equipment
- Normal schedule Monday through Friday; occasional weekends.
- Occasional extended hours as projects dictate.