Share this listing:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under licensed PE supervision, develops plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports to meet project requirements for design and construction of new power delivery facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities.
- Prepares engineering analysis and cost estimates for small projects that may include preliminary design, calculations, life-cycle costs and equipment selection.
- Assists with estimating, pricing, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Provides technical support and input in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects on a project.
- Utilizes computer software to create detailed dimensional schematics, drawings and design layouts and other visual aids.
- Assists upper level engineers as directed while developing specialized engineering skills.
- Develops, fosters and maintains client relationships.
- Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers and technicians on project activities.
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Project management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in electrical or civil engineering from four-year college or university.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam passed, earning E.I. designation.
- English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc., as well as proficiency with specialized engineering design software. PLS-CADD proficiency preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to stand and/or walk, including over uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds intermittently.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Occasionally outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (for instance, rain, sun, wind, etc.).
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- May be required to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work non-standard hours and schedules that include on-call and call-outs.