Share this listing:
CEC is currently seeking a full-time Design Office Technician to join our Airports team in Oklahoma City.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes computer software to create detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts, including plans for the construction of airports and related projects, including but not limited to plan and profile views, cross sections, details and schedules.
- Develops 3D models of projects using horizontal alignments, vertical profiles, typical sections and various design criteria.
- Examines and redlines production plans for correction prior to engineer design review.
- Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned work.
- Calculates dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Assists engineers in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, grant applications, schedules and permitting for projects.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other engineers, designers and technicians on project activities.
- Prepares visualization materials, including but not limited to renderings, maps, slides, images and aerials, for project interviews and public meetings.
- Participates in internal and external project meetings as needed.
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
- Provides technical support to other staff as trainer and mentor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with FAA Advisory Circulars a plus, but not required.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office proficiency preferred.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds intermittently.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasional overtime required.