Location: Tulsa, OK
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under limited supervision, observes construction work and submits detailed daily documentation of contractor activities and progress, materials quantities, site visitors, instructions given, and conditions that may relate to change order items.
- Researches contract requirements to determine whether construction work is performed in substantial compliance with plans, specifications and special provisions.
- Inspects materials and components of roadway and/or bridge projects, work in progress, and finished construction to ensure all applicable standards and safety codes are met.
- Reviews or generates pay applications for ultimate payment by client.
- Coordinates project testing lab resources to ensure quality assurance testing is performed per contract requirements.
- Maintains equipment and vehicle in good working condition and reports problems or repairs needed in a timely manner.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Use of personal smart phone for company services such as project communication, truck maintenance, mileage tracking, and other departmental tasks.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures, including using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Use of personal smart phone device with sufficient data for company services such as truck maintenance, mileage tracking, and other departmental specific tasks as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem solving/analysis
- Communication skills
- Technical capacity
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- HCMTCB Materials Sampling and Testing Certification preferred.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively to CEC employees and clients.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic personal computer skills, including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, specifically Microsoft Office. SiteManager knowledge preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Smart phone with data plan sufficient for company requirements, such as multi-factor authentication, time and mileage tracking, expense reimbursement, e-mail, and virtual communications.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and using hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand and walk over uneven surfaces.
- Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.)
- Loud noise
- Exposed to dust, dirt, grease, etc.
- Exposed to machinery with moving parts
- Requires use of personal protective equipment
- Normal schedule Monday through Friday; occasional weekends.
- Variable work hours as project dictates (occasional 10- to 12-hour days).
This position includes safety-sensitive job functions, and random screenings will be conducted in accordance with CEC’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.