Front Desk Administrative Assistant
Location: Allen, TX
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers, screens, and forwards incoming telephone calls while providing top tier customer service.
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Monitors visitor access, coordinates with vendors, and maintains security awareness.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail. Prepares outgoing mail and coordinates the pick-up/delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Maintains and monitors supply inventory and orders stock as necessary.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, functions, events, and admin vehicle usage as necessary.
- Stocks, organizes, and prepares meeting rooms.
- Supports and assists in set up of CEC events conducted at the facilities.
- Assists with Operations departmental processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Assists with credit card reconciliation and submittals.
- Maintains a clean work environment and keeps up with organizing lobby, break room, and common areas.
- Provides practice and departmental administrative support as needed.
- Runs business errands including but not limited to picking up/dropping off orders, vehicles, and other items as necessary.
- Compiles information and generates reports as needed.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing, scanning, photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, binding, creating presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Humility and willingness to serve
- Positive and opportunistic attitude
- Excellent and professional communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Top tier customer service
- Technical capacity
- Critical thinking and problem solving/analysis
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Collaboration skills
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) and two years’ related administrative experience.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to clients and CEC employees.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Microsoft Office preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Primarily sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity enough to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise
- Frequent interruptions
- Fixed schedule of 25-30 hours per week between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasionally over 30 hours per week required.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.