Electrical Project Engineer (PE)
Location: Allen, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, Norman, OK or Tulsa, OK
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as electrical project engineer with autonomy for project-related tasks and client contact. Takes ownership of the electrical scope of work from proposal through construction.
- Develops electrical engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents and assessments for commercial facilities, including new construction and renovation.
- Uses AutoCAD, Revit MEP and other MEP-specific design and calculation software to create detailed designs for construction documents. This position will not solely pass redlines to production staff
- Selects electrical materials appropriate for facilities based on coordination with owners, architects, other disciplines and code requirements.
- Assists with estimating, pricing, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Reviews and redlines production plans for revisions.
- Provides construction administration oversight, including submittal review, RFI responses and periodic site observations.
- Develops, fosters, and maintains industry relationships and provides client care. Helps pursue repeat or follow-up work with current clients.
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
- Provides technical oversight and guidance to electrical design staff.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Humility and willingness to serve
- Technical capacity
- Problem solving/analysis
- Communication proficiency
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in electrical or architectural engineering from ABET accredited college or university.
- Minimum four (4) years applicable experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, CEC team members, and the general public.
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD and Revit MEP proficiency preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize, organize and delegate tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Smart phone with data plan sufficient for company requirements, such as multi-factor authentication, time tracking, mileage tracking, expense reimbursement, e-mail, and virtual communications.
- Primarily sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to stand and walk over uneven surfaces of project site occasionally.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds intermittently.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise; occasionally loud (site visits).
- Occasional exposure to dust, dirt, construction equipment (site visits).
- Potential risk of electric shock (site visits).
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Occasional extended work hours as projects dictate.
- Eligible to submit application for telecommuting after 90 days.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.