Location: Oklahoma City, OK
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direction to designated Inspectors to ensure construction work is in accordance with the plans and specifications including guidance on detailed daily documentation, pay item quantity measurement and documentation, and material testing frequencies and tracking.
- Reviews contractor’s pay applications for accuracy, appropriate documentation, material discrepancy resolution, and project time charges. Provides guidance to designated inspectors for corrective action required to process pay applications.
- Serves as the direct contact with the project contractor and manages project communication.
- Researches and interprets contract requirements to determine whether construction work is performed in substantial compliance with plans, specifications, and special provisions.
- Interprets and applies contract requirements for administration of pay applications, change orders, and other construction documents.
- Coordinates project testing lab resources to ensure quality assurance testing is performed per contract requirements.
- Collaborates with other Construction Managers and Inspectors to promote the CEI values of teamwork and communication.
- Adheres to corporate policies and procedures, Practice and Department procedures, and ensures consistent application and team member compliance.
- Performs limited personnel functions, including performance management feedback, mentoring, employee development, and reinforcing a positive work environment. Plans and schedules work for team members, ensuring the appropriate and effective distribution of assignments, labor, and
- equipment for efficient performance of duties. Reviews and approves timesheets and time off requests for accuracy and completeness.
- Develops, fosters, and maintains client and contractor relationships. Pursues repeat or follow-up work with current clients. Collaborates with Department, Marketing, and Business Development staff to respond to new business opportunities, including engaging in the preparation of proposals, interviews, and presentations.
- Maintains equipment and vehicle in good working condition and reports problems or repairs needed in a timely manner.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures, including using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Servant leadership
- Communication skills
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Project management
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
- HCMTCB Materials Sampling and Testing Certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to read plans and working knowledge of typical construction methods.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively to CEC employees and clients.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Basic personal computer skills, including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, specifically Microsoft Office. SiteManager knowledge preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Smart phone with data plan sufficient for company requirements, such as multi-factor authentication, time tracking, mileage tracking, expense reimbursement, e-mail, and virtual communications.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and using hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, including over uneven or rough surfaces.
- Ability to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.)
- Loud noise.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, cuts, bites, or stings.
- Exposed to machinery with moving parts.
- Requires use of personal protective equipment.
- Normal schedule Monday through Friday; occasional weekends.
- Variable and extended work hours as project dictates (occasional 10- to 12-hour days).
This position includes safety-sensitive job functions, and random screenings will be conducted in accordance with CEC’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.