Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and reconciles various financial transactions, matching receipts and orders to invoices and statements.
- Examines invoices, expense reimbursement requests, and other source documents to verify appropriate documentation and approvals.
- Generates and processes checks and ACH payments weekly or as needed for payment of aforementioned obligations, posting expenses to appropriate accounts in accordance with CEC’s internal controls.
- Creates and maintains new vendors within ERP software including payment information, W9 status, and insurance requirements.
- Operates the shared AP email account by processing requests, answering questions, and paying vendors.
- Distributes monthly credit card statements, reconciles receipts to statements, and enters data in ERP software.
- Ensures payables are performed in compliance with US GAAP and follows FAR guidelines.
- Maintains files of source documents and other information related to accounting activities.
- Researches issues or problems and communicates with vendors as necessary for resolution.
- Initiates travel direct bill arrangements, as necessary.
- Supports budget activities by inputting or updating data.
- Assists in annual audits by compiling needed documentation.
- Compiles information and generates reports as required.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Provides administrative support for other Practices or Departments as needed.
- Accounting principals
- Written and verbal communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Time management
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance from accredited college or university and three to five years related experience.
- English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as correspondence, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, clients, coworkers, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Microsoft Office preferred.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Remote connectivity device with data plan sufficient for company requirements, such as multi-factor authentication, time and mileage tracking, expense reimbursement, e-mail, and virtual communications.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise; occasionally loud.
- Shared office space with multiple people and frequent interruptions.
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Eligible to submit applications for telecommuting after 90 days.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.